Now in its 42nd year of operation, the Carrboro Farmers’ Market
at 301 W. Main Street
is a convenient, accessible way for residents to find fresh produce, flowers, meats, artisan goods and more from dozens of local vendors.
Here are five reasons why this unique market is one of our favorite things about life in Carrboro:
- A Commitment to Truly Local Goods: Everything sold at the Carrboro Farmers’ Market is grown or produced within a 50-mile radius of the market site. It doesn’t get any fresher than that!
- Additional Summer Hours: Unlike many conventional markets in the area, which only operate on Saturday mornings, CFM provides extended hours on Wednesdays from 3-6 pm between the months of April and November. The added convenience is great for last-minute dinner ingredients on your way home from work, and you may even find things mid-week that weren’t there on Saturday.
- Ample Parking: There are more than 100 free parking spaces within a five minute walk of CFM, and each is marked on their parking map.
- Cash or Credit?: Many vendors at the market accept both, and there is an ATM on site as well (a huge help when you’ve filled your shopping bag but just HAVE to have those fresh-cut sunflowers!)
- Evening Eats: If you love food truck rodeos, live music and cold beer, this event is for you. Held the first Wednesday of every month during the summer, CFM encourages families to bring a lawn chair, play games or just relax on Carrboro Town Commons.
If that’s not enough to entice you, CFM also posts seasonal recipes, market news and event updates on their website and Facebook pages, so you always know what to expect from that day’s market — and no two are alike!
What are you waiting for? Check out the Carrboro Farmers’ Market this weekend and let us know what you think!